Not sure if your proof of income is recent enough or formal enough? Here are some guidelines.
Any recurring source of income received will be considered. Here are some common documentations accepted.
- One full month of your most recent pay stubs. Your most recent pay stub should be inclusive of the past 30 days whether you're paid weekly, biweekly or monthly. Four weeks of pay will be acceptable to account for a full month.
- For contract gig workers paid through an online portal (ie. Uber, Door Dash, Lyft, etc) you're welcome to simply take screenshots of the past month's worth of payments credited to your app. Please include an image within this portal that confirms your name as the employee/payee.
- For upcoming employment, or employment so recent you've not yet completed your first pay period, you'll want to upload your offer letter. This should confirm your name as the new hire, your start date and your wage. If your wage is hourly, we'll also need confirmation of whether this employment is to be part time or full time.
From Student Loans, Child Support, SSI, Disability, VA, Unemployment or other weekly/month stipends received:
- Documentation of these incomes should state your name as the recipient, the amounts to be received and verify they will be available funds through upcoming months and inclusive of the start of your lease.
If you do not have formal documentation of these funds or multiple sources of incomes to account for:
- You are welcome to upload your past 3 month's worth of bank deposit statements. These should be the most recent consecutive past 3 months. We ask for 3 month's to verify consistency of these funds.
Note: While most owners do accept bank deposit statements as a sufficient form of income documentation, in most regions it is within their rights to ask for more specific documentation to confirm legality of income sources. If the sources of recurring deposits is not clear in transactional histories, they may request for those source specific documentations outlined above.
If you have any questions or are still unsure of your source of income and what documentation would be appropriate, please reach out to one of our team members for assistance!